The new battlepass system, a type of loot box that is spread across multiple games, has been criticized for it’s pay-to-win approach. In response to the backlash, many developers have opted to remove these systems entirely or introduce more fair ways for players to earn rewards.
The “league of legends battle pass 2021” is a new system that has been introduced to the game. The system is getting a lot of hate because it is not as good as the old one.
Since my last post was deleted due to its harsh language, I’ll rewrite it in a more pleasant tone. It’s a shame it was pulled because of how I worded it since it was beginning to get some traction and conversation, but that’s on me.
Rather of rehashing a big piece, I’ll just mention a few of the most frequently repeated claims.
- “Arams are said to be nerfed since they play 50% more games.”
- Isn’t it because the “average” rate is evenly distributed across 20 minute arams and 30 minute SR? If an SR game takes 50% longer, wouldn’t it make logical for aram games to need 50% more games?
- “Weekly missions take a little longer.”
- I don’t have a clear answer for this one, but given they aren’t precisely recurring missions, is it really that big of a deal? Even before the token change a year ago, if you played the bare minimum amount of games to finish your weekly, you weren’t earning the prestiege skin.
- “Because the points don’t roll over, a lot more points are squandered.”
- The existing system doesn’t either. If you’re at 39 points and win a game, you’ve squandered 80 percent of the points in that game. If you lose a game, you lose half of the points from that match. Sure, if you’re down a point under the new system and win a hard-fought 65-minute back-to-back battle, it’s a sad waste of points, but if you’re so determined to make every minute matter, why not play an aram or ai match at that point?
- “Both the winning and losing teams are rewarded for holding matches hostage.”
- For starters, unless you’re min-maxing your prizes down to the minute, there’s no motivation for the losing side to prolong the game. If you’re losing the next game, you’ll do everything to get it over with so you can go on to the next one, because even if you lose that one, nothing has changed. If, on the other hand, you win your next game, you’ve just boosted your points per minute spent. Sure, this matters less if your wait time is less than 10 minutes, but that isn’t the case for most people.
- “I don’t believe Riot’s statistics; they’re very certainly just decreasing it to increase profits.”
- While I’m not claiming Riot is without flaws, when Riot does something that the community hates on purpose, there isn’t always someone from Riot defending it in the comments. Even if there’s an internal debate going on, there’s usually some kind of announcement followed by utter quiet. Also, if you don’t believe their average game durations, etc… Isn’t there a joke that “Reddit knows balance” or something like that, where people are sure that certain number changes are bad for the game, only to end up… entirely incorrect since it turns out our riot had the accurate info all along? Sure, some of their decisions (ahem, chemtech map) seem dubious, but they typically have an excellent track record when it comes to numerical facts.
Finally, and this is a bit of a follow-up to point 4, but with the new account achivements system or whatever they’re calling it (the showcase stuff you can put on your profile that some people say looks like a mobile game), people have been asking Riot why they changed their minds about not adding certain achivements to the game because it wouldn’t affect in-game behavior. Years of behavior testing with passes, events, and eternals has led them to the conclusion that although there is a spike in behavior change on release, it quickly normalizes and ends up… not being a problem at all. This is the kind of thing Riot used to be against and chose to reintroduce based on years of data, yet many people are outraged that Riot doesn’t have the vision to understand how “clearly” people would damage the system?
I’m sorry, but I don’t get it.
I’m also not arguing that the present token earning rate is enough; in fact, I believe it’s another problem with which I might agree; this is directly comparing the current to the new suggested rate.
Original source: link
Why is it that everyone despises Colorado?
I’m curious as to why so many comments in this sub appear to be bad towards Colorado, so I decided to establish a thread to find out. Premise ICA has been breached again again. They need to focus on their interviewing skills or something, since this is becoming crazy. In any case, 47 has been…
Why aren’t TKers being prosecuted?
It’s not unusual for someone to start firing at me right at the start of the game… I should start taping. For example, this morning I was playing archer and looking out one of the windows at… a little map with a city on the west, an open field on the right, and railroad barriers in the center….
Why do all the clerks despise you?
Why do so many people despise clerks? I understand that they are inefficient in producing energy credits when compared to technicians; in producing amenities when compared to entertainers; and in producing consumer goods when compared to artisans… but isn’t the point of clerks/merchants to be able to produce four things (credits, consumer goods, unity, and amenities) in one job? (if…
For the game League of Legends, write “Why is the new battlepass system garnering so much hate?”
2021’s Top 35 New PC Games
Are you looking for PC games to play? Here are all of the new PC games to keep an eye on in 2021.
20 Best New PS4 Games in 2021
The pace of PlayStation 4 game releases isn’t going to slow down in 2021. Here’s everything to look forward to in the coming months.
Watch This Video-
The “league of legends pass worth it” is a question that has been asked many times. The new battlepass system seems to be getting a lot of hate, but there are some really cool rewards in the game. Reference: is the league of legends pass worth it.
- dardoch leaves dig
- yasuo vs akshan reddit
- dardoch dignitas drama
- funplus phoenix reddit
- dignitas reddit