Undertale is a video game that has an innovative way of doing things. Instead of choosing dialogue options like you would in a typical RPG, Undertale gives these choices to the player through their gameplay and interactions with NPCs throughout the game.
The “undertale speech generator” is a tool that allows users to create their own custom speech patterns and choices for the game Undertale. It’s easy to use, and can be used by anyone.
When we play video games, we learn how to create a variety of distinct experiences by repeating motions and activities. This speech analysis is similar to a game: you learn to detect recurring ideas in speech, and if everything goes well, you may begin to obtain distinct sensations linked with the speech of other people.
Because I believe that the characters in
The characters in Undertale have different abstract speech patterns.
Flowey, Sans, Papyrus, Mettaton, and Asgore Dreemurr, plus Undyne and Toriel, will be quoted. I’ll use the True Pacifist Route as an example. There are spoilers in this post.
Each and every name
to assist you in navigating the post
We divide quotations into parts and designate each component with a specific marker in this study. Those indicators provide information on the components of a character’s speech. It’s as if we’re converting a complicated noise into frequencies in order to discover the most noticeable ones. (I’m neither Alphys or Mettaton, so I don’t know the math.)
Other than amusing game-like experiences, what are the other reasons to seek for speech patterns? Speech patterns reveal how a character processes information, as well as the context in which an event is seen. One character may rate an activity based on its results, while another may judge it based on its immediate features. However, getting habituated to splitting speech up into such “context bins” may take some time.
Characters develop distinct attitudes about choice and the concept of “success” as a result of seeing the same events in different situations. And such ideologies may make the player’s choices more difficult. I’d want to demonstrate how characters make decisions in various ways.
a1 Flowey Flowey Flowey Flowey Flow
Definition #1: Things that are “abstract” or “absolute” are things that are applicable in any scenario.
Definition #2: “Specific” items are things connected to one-of-a-kind occurrences (events that do not/cannot simply repeat themselves), outcomes, and consequences.
may mix a (particular) dispute with an abstract inherent quality of something.
- Clever. Very, very smart. Don’t you think you’re quite smart? It’s kill or be killed in this planet. As a result, you were free to play by your own set of rules. You saved one solitary person’s life. Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee he I’m sure you’re ecstatic. This time you didn’t murder anybody.
Flowey compares an abstract world law (“it’s kill or be killed”) with a concrete result: Frisk was able to breach the rules (but only in a certain situation/for a limited period of time).
- If you really followed the steps in the correct order… Why did things still turn out this way? Why…? Is life really that unjust?
Flowey juxtaposes a universal characteristic (“fairness”) with a particular tragic event.
This speaking style might turn Flowey into a fatalist, since he focuses on a fight against an unchanging force.
can link/disrupt particular events
- the oath I swore to her… What would have occurred if she had remained silent?… friend… You’d be d e ad w h e r e y o u s t a n d w h e r e y o u s t a n d w h e r e y o u s t a n d w h e r e y o u s
Sans generates conflict between a particular occurrence (Toriel’s request) and a specific o u t c o m e in this scene. Sans highlights that Frisk is on the verge of having their Determination taken away from them.
- It’s time for you to start moving. It’s possible that he’ll return. If he does, you’ll have to endure more of my hysterical jokes.
Sans brings together and contrasts two distinct events: remaining and sitting through more jokes.
Definition: “Vague” refers to a process/attributes situation’s rather than its outcomes/results. “Vague” items are non-binary, meaning they may be realized in a variety of ways.
may concentrate on the links between disparate events/facts
- WOWIE… I CAN’T BELIEVE ASGORE’S clone recognizes me!!! THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST EXCITING DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!
Because (1) Papyrus had no precise expectations regarding Toriel (Papyrus didn’t even know “””Agore’s clone””” existing in the first place only a minute ago), and (2) an endless number of things may make a day “the greatest,” Papyrus links vague events/facts.
- SO YOU’VE RETURNED FOR A DATE WITH ME! YOU HAVE TO BE VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS… I’LL HAVE TO TAKE YOU SOMEWHERE EXTREMELY UNIQUE… A PLACE WHERE I ENJOY SPENDING MUCH TIME!!!
Because (1) Frisk could have an infinite number of (versions of) other different attitudes “ABOUT THIS,” and (2) Papyrus isn’t obligated by any “external” force/condition to take Frisk to a specific location, it’s just an internal vibe “I have to do something special in response!” that could manifest in an infinite number of ways.
Mettaton (n.d.) (n.d.) (n.d.
“Specific” occurrences are often associated with binary discrete possibilities («yes/no», «win/fail», and so on…). And comparisons might be connected to “vague” items.
may link a couple of unrelated events to a certain event Can connect a pair of tangents to a central point. As if it were a flower with large leaves all around it.
- Darling. Perhaps… It could be better if I stayed a little longer. Humans have idols and stars, but demons… I’m the only one they have. If I were to leave… The underground would be devoid of its zeal. I’d leave a gaping hole in the universe that could never be filled. So… I believe I will have to postpone my big debut.
Mettaton connects a comparison (between monsters and humanity) and an ephemeral emotional state (“aching emptiness”) to a binary decision: “should I leave or should I stay?”
- ALL OF THIS WAS JUST A BIG SHOW. AN EVENT. THE WHOLE TIME, ALPHYS HAS BEEN PLAYING YOU FOR A FOOL. SHE GREW ATTACHED TO YOUR ADVENTURE AS SHE WATCHED YOU ON THE SCREEN. SHE WAS DETERMINED TO BE PART OF IT. SO SHE MADE THE DECISION TO INCLUDE HERSELF IN YOUR STORY. SHE ACTUALLY DID A FEW THINGS. ALL IN ORDER FOR HER TO SAVE YOU FROM DANGERS THAT DID NOT EXIST. ALL OF THIS IS TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE SHE IS A GREAT PERSON… SHE ISN’T.
Alphys’ imprecise strategy (she might lie or progress and maintain the deception in an infinite number of ways) and Alphys’ fixation (that may express in an infinite number of ways) are linked by Mettaton to a particular binary mismatch: Alphys isn’t demonstrating herself to be a decent person right now, and she isn’t a natural part of Frisk’s trip – but she wants to be viewed as one. And it is this mismatch that is at the root of everything.
Sidenote: The… brackets indicate that I changed this section of the quotation to make it shorter.
Asgore (n.d.) (n.d.) (n.d
Bands like as
may avoid all of the above-mentioned notions Asgore may connect seemingly unconnected themes and bounce from one to the next.
- Hohoho! You must be overjoyed at the prospect of having this kid. You know, if you continue to make jokes like this… You could become a renowned MOMedian one day.
Asgore switches from the issue of «excitement» to the topic of «MOMedy» at this point.
- Please… Youngster… This battle has dragged on for far too long. You have the ability… Please take my soul and go from this awful land.
Asgore offers data without elucidating the relationships between them.
Asgore’s speech has a Haiku-like quality to it. «old pond / frog jumps in / water’s sound» is an example of how Haiku may deliver information in a disconnected way.
Speech may be categorized into two “levels”: low level and high level.
The low level defines how a character responds to events, whereas the high level shows how a character perceives complete circumstances.
We had been discussing low-level speech patterns up to this point. We’ll now talk about high-level patterns:
Sans b1 (2)
may be used to represent a set of ambiguous conditions relating to a single unique item. Sans’s speech resembles a cloud with something in the middle in this regard. Sans seems to be in the eye of the storm… or the eye of the storm itself.
- (Could you please do me a favor?) I was considering… My brother has been in a bad mood recently… He hasn’t seen a person in his life. It’s possible that seeing you will brighten his day.
Sans connects a hazy period of Papyrus’ life to a precise event: anything may cheer up Payrus today, put an end to the gloomy period.
- (Before stating this, San discusses EXP and LOVE:) … You, on the other hand. You were never able to acquire any LOVE. That’s not to say you’re utterly innocent or naïve. All you did was keep a kindness in your heart. Regardless of the challenges or difficulties you encountered, you always tried to do the right thing. You were adamant about not injuring anybody. Even as you were fleeing, you did it with a grin on your face. You didn’t acquire LOVE, but you did gain love.
Sans connects Frisk’s ambiguous attitude/track record (since Frisk might have an infinite number of different versions of this attitude) to a particular conflict, a binary decision: refusing to do the terrible thing no matter how difficult it is.
Technically, the distinction between “levels” is that at the lowest level, you may examine what condition is characterized by an average event/fact given by a character. On a high level, you can determine what condition is characterized by a typical “bunch of events/facts” mentioned by a character.
may link together distinct abstract properties/absolute objects Her speech resembles a braid, with interlaced limitless threads.
- (…) However, you must keep in mind… The majority of what you mentioned is irrelevant to me. It makes no difference to me whether you’re watching child cartoons or reading history books. ALL OF THAT IS NERDY CRAP IN MY BOOKS! What I like most about you is your PASSION! You’re an ANALYTICAL person!! It makes no difference what it is! YOU ARE CONCERNED!! 100-PERCENT!! AT MAXIMUM STRENGTH!!!
Undyne contrasts and links some of her and Alphys’ inherent qualities, such as “I care about things you CARE about!”
- I suppose I’ll let you know how Alphys is doing. She’s the same as she’s always been. Perhaps a little more reclusive than usual. Something seems to be upsetting her… But she’ll be able to get through it! I’ll be there to cheer her on!! Isn’t that what friends are for?
Undyne unites inherent traits (for example, “being the same as always”) with absolute truths (e.g. “friends are for support”).
may be used to describe a set of ambiguous conditions that have several linkages. And this pattern may be used to discuss how certain global things function in general, such as how someone’s emotions work or how a specific location runs. This design resembles a piece of earth with a lot of roots inside of it.
- You pitiful whelp. If you really intended to liberate our species, you could have easily and amicably handled everything with This One Method. Instead, you’ve made everyone miserable… Because you’d rather sit here and wait for another person to arrive.
Toriel discusses Asgore’s hazy line of action (due to the fact that she ignores several binary choices Asgore made) and a few links (between Asgore’s acts and his character + between Asgore’s actions and everyone’s lives).
- Every person who falls here suffers the same fate. It’s something I’ve seen several times. They arrive. They depart. They perish. You gullible adolescent… If you get out of the RUINS… They… Asgore… You’re going to die. Do you realize that I’m merely trying to protect you?
Toriel makes an implied comparison (between life “down here” and life outside) as well as certain linkages (“everyone here is linked to the same destiny + your survival is dependent on me”).
Papyrus (b4) (2)
may be used to describe a number of distinct items that are linked to one another. Papyrus is able to explain complex/intricate circumstances as a result of this.
- HEY! NOBODY EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER IF SOMEONE FIGHTS SOMEONE… IF THAT’S the case, I’ll do it!!! FORCE YOURSELF!!! TO SEEK UNDYNE’S ASSISTANCE!!! to make you feel better
Papyrus describes two binary conditions: one for the scenario (either everyone is peaceful or at the very least everyone fights), and one for himself (he’s either not phoning Undyne or is absolutely obliged to do so). Papyrus also mentions other links (between everyone’s acts and himself, between Undyne’s appearance and himself).
- WHAT!? THEN WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF THE HUMAN SEARCH? THEY TRAVELED ALL THAT WAY… AND I’M STILL NOT A ROYAL GUARD MEMBER!? THIS IS ACTUALLY THE WORST ENDING POSSIBLE.
Papyrus mentions certain events and information because he had preconceived notions about joining the Royal Guard. And those expectations were completely shattered. Furthermore, Papyrus indicates links between his position and Frisk’s goal, as well as everyone else (since this ending isn’t just for him).
b5. Sans font (3)
may link a number of abstract/absolute objects to a single dispute It’s comparable to parallel lines intersecting at infinity.
- (Sans has already described a difficult decision:) What will you do? … I would have thrown up the towel by now if I were you. However, you didn’t acquire this fart by quitting up. That’s correct. You have a quality known as “determination.” So long as you hang in there… So, as long as you do what’s right in your heart, I feel you’ll be well. (alright. Kid, we’re all relying on you. best of luck.)
Sans uses intrinsic qualities (such “having Determination” and “doing what’s in your heart”) to address a single binary conflict: giving up or persisting.
- (Alright, here we are.) so. Isn’t it nearly the end of your journey?) You must be desperate to return home. hi. I understand how you feel, Buddo. though… Perhaps it is sometimes preferable to accept what is handed to you. You already have food, wine, and companions down here… all you have to do now is… Is it really worth it?… Oh, forget about that. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you, child.
Abstract truths (“sometimes it’s better to accept what’s provided to you” and “what you have to do is (not) worth it”) are linked to a concrete binary conflict: keep trying to go home or quit.
P.S. : Thank you for taking the time to read my analysis! I didn’t include all of my thoughts about speaking in this article, but I hope you found something useful.
The greatest collection of games set to be published in 2022 and 2023 for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Switch – all of which you can watch in stunning 4K ULTRA HD and 60FPS with the most up-to-date information available!
With the new year quickly approaching and a slew of new game releases on the horizon, it’s time to take a peek ahead at some of the year’s most anticipated titles. There are some fantastic games coming out in the next year for PC, Xbox, PS5, and all of your other favorite gaming platforms.
- undertale characters
- undertale game